Monday, November 5

Juice Time


Well, I did it, I jumped on the juicing bandwagon.  This increasingly popular form of veggie-consumption has been something I've been wanting to try for a while, and so I finally caved and made my way to the Macy's basement to pick up a Breville over the weekend.

For me, I'm not interested in replacing meals or fasting.. (truth be told, I don't have the will-power to fast).  I just knew that Erik and I were letting our eating habits slide throughout the past few months, and I wanted to put ourselves in the right direction, especially before the holidays arrive!

Years ago, through most of college, I ate a strictly vegan diet.  And the truth is, I was never healthier.  I felt so much better than I do now, and while I'm not quite prepared to return to that restrictive of a diet, I do want to focus on consuming more amazing veggies..particularly ones that I don't eat regularly (ie. kale, beets..etc.)

So if there are any juicing-pros out there, send me your recipes--please!!  Here are 2 that I tried this weekend and have really enjoyed:


In photo 1: 
1 beet, 2 stalks of celery, 1 large carrot, 2 apples, 1/2" ginger

In photo 2:
5 leaves of kale, 1 handful of spinach, 1 handful of broccoli, 
2 apples, 1 pear, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 lime, 1 handful of grapes, 1 handful of mint
(inspired by Sydney's recipe here)

5 comments:

  1. More power to you for trying these juices! I've been thinking about it for a while, but I haven't gotten enough gusto to commit.

    MJ
    Papersidewalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee-I have been seriously considering doing the exact same thing the past two days!  I have been researching and I am strongly thinking about buying Blueprint Cleanse...have you heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a little bit about it.  I'd love to try a cleanse, but I know I'll do better by taking the slow-and-steady approach..maybe down the road I'll be brave enough to give it a try.   Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I find your blog and it is great!!!  I was thinking when I saw your photos...You look a bit like Rachel, from Batman, the dark knight...
    Greetings from Belgium,
    Katrien x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go girl! I would LOVE to own a juicer and supplement my diet with healthy fruits and veggies. Love that the two drinks you photographed are red and green! So perfect for this holiday season. Lovely to meet you! :)
    -Newest Follower

    ReplyDelete