Monday, April 18

Sugar and Oil

My lack of posts have not occurred, in any part, because I'm losing interest in the world of blogging.  Certainly not!...I'm just busy right now.  Very very busy.  Although I work full-time, I'm also taking classes each semester to complete my master's degree, and let's just say, the end of this semester is kicking.my.behind.  I have had SO much work to do that it has consumed all of my free time.  


So this Sunday, when I was tied to the kitchen table, surrounded with too much information regarding charter schools and policy books, Erik was on his own.  He wanted to pick up another suit from Macy's, so for the first time in the history of our relationship, he ventured off to the mall... all by himself.  That's right.  Totally alone. 


Later that night, I noticed an unopened bag.  Looking inside, I saw a giant tub of body scrub and some lotion.  "What's this?!" I asked, thinking/hoping that maybe it was a nice little present for me! 


E: Oh, yeah.  Well, I don't want to talk about it. This nice girl tried to sell me something, so I ignored her.  Then she told me I was being rude, so I had to give in and buy something.  
R: So, you bought something from her because she called you rude?  How much did you spend?
E: I don't want to talk about it.
R: Erik, I'm just curious...what did she talk you into spending?
E: Well, it's really good for my cuticles and you're always telling me that my cuticles look terrible so...
R: TELL ME.
E: $40.
R: Omg. You are such a sucker.


So what's the point in sharing this nonsense with you?  I'll shop 'til I drop for clothing, but you're not ever going to see me come home with a $40 container of body scrub.  Here's a fun and super easy recipe for making your own scrub!

  • 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin Olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon Aloe vera gel


See? That's it! Sugar and oil, people. Sugar and oil. For 40 bucks.






No comments:

Post a Comment