Friday, December 23

Holiday House 2011

 

Here are a few snapshots of some things I changed up around the house for the holidays.  Our tree is beautiful and fragrant, I've gone poinsettia crazy, and we took the wild plunge into colored lights this year.  (I usually love the white lights, but I thought that the colored bulbs might compliment our abundance of vintage things.)

Our stockings are in the dining room... because, sadly, we have no mantle.  

When our first few Christmas cards arrived, I started hanging them in the kitchen and added some ornaments.


Erik borrowed his parent's beautiful vintage Lionel.  We didn't set it up around the tree because of our crazy kitty, so we just displayed the cars around the house.

And speaking of crazy kitty... this girl loves messing with this vintage doily.

She also happens to think that we decorate a tree every December simply for her own enjoyment...

And after decorating a few weeks ago, we took a walk into town.  I know I always comment on loving the suburbs, but I can't help it.  Our town just really knows how to do Christmas.  Music along main street, snow machines, carolers...  Here are a few photos of the fire department's annual parade.





We're going to take another stroll into town for some dinner and music on this Christmas Eve Eve.  Tomorrow, the celebrating really begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment