Sunday, December 18

Longwood Gardens Holiday Tour




Last weekend, Erik and I met up with his family to take a much-anticipated visit to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.  Previously I had only been to these gardens during the summer months, but their Christmas decorations have a fantastic reputation, so we had to make a visit this December.

The gardens began as a public park before it was purchased by the du Pont family in the early 1900s, and since then, it has been available to the public.  With over 1,000 acres, there is a lot to see.  Fountains,  orchids, rose gardens, and bonsai trees are all great attractions, but during this holiday season all of the Christmas trees and lights, and the trains the main attractions!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from last week... unfortunately I have a nice camera with no knowledge of how to use it.  Taking so many photos in the dark was a major challenge, but I'm happy with how some of them turned out.  I even managed to throw half of an outfit photo into this mix (carefully removing my lovely family members from the public eye).

Hope you enjoy them... and if you live anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic, visiting Longwood Gardens is a must!













Coat: H&M
Faux Fur: Gap
Earrings: InPink
Bag: Ecote via Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment